Recent Water Damage Posts
Restoring Your Poway / Rancho Bernardo Commercial Property After A Water Damage Event
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Poway / Rancho Bernardo commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we are dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Poway / Rancho Bernardo
SERVPRO of Poway / Rancho Bernardo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Experience water damage? Here is what to do until help arrives!
Water damage from clean water
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather good to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpets or floor to cause staining.
- Leave oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TVs or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Water damage from contaminated water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminants.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
Poway / Rancho Bernardo 24-hour Water Damage Experts
SERVPRO of Poway / Rancho Bernardo is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (858)748-7378
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Poway / Rancho Bernardo has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Poway / Rancho Bernardo
SERVPRO of Poway / Rancho Bernardo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Faster to your Poway/ Rancho Bernardo Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Poway/ Rancho Bernardo provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Poway/ Rancho Bernardo arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 858-748-7378
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Poway/ Rancho Bernardo
SERVPRO of Poway/ Rancho Bernardo specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Turn Around Don't Drown
Safety is a race we can all win !
Did you know - Nearly half of flood related deaths are due to someone driving or walking into floodwaters.
Only 6 inches of fast – moving water can knock an adult off his/her feet and sweep them away.
12 inches of moving water can carry a small car & 18 to 24 inches of water can carry away larger vehicles including (but not limited to) trucks, vans, and SUVs.
If you come to an area that is covered with water, you may not know the depth of the water or the condition of the road or ground underneath. Play it safe. Whether driving or walking any time you come to a flooded area, Turn Around Don’t Drown.
Before a flood
- Stay informed – visit weather.gov or tune into your local news for the latest forecast.
- Determine whether your home, school or work is in an area that is likely to flood.
- Learn which roadways are likely to flood and find alternative routes.
- Create a communication plan so your family will know how to connect during an emergency.
- Assemble an emergency kit.
- In case of an evacuation, make sure your bags are packed (including items for your pets)
- Charge all essential electronics.
- Be proactive – leave before the flooding begins to avoid getting stranded.
During a flood
- Stay informed – tune into your local news for updates on flooding progress.
- Get to higher ground if you are in an area that is subject to flooding.
- Follow evacuation orders and heed warning signs.
- ALWAYS avoid flood waters. It is NEVER safe to drive or walk through.
After a flood
- Remember standing water can hide chemicals that can make you sick, power lines that can cause electrocution and sharp debris that can seriously harm you – Avoid flood waters!
- Avoid disaster areas – your presence may hamper emergency operations.
- Heed road closure cautionary signs.
- Wait for the ‘all clear’ before returning to an area that was impacted.
- Contact your family and loved one to let them know your okay!
For more storm safety tips, active weather alerts, and brochures – visit https://www.weather.gov